Monday, October 31, 2011

Presentation: check!

Second agency meeting of the year and we had to present our research so far about our clients.

To be honest, I thought we had to make a presentation. I wanted to go above and beyond so, I decided that I wouldn't just make a presentation, I would make a Prezi. I have never made a Prezi before. All I knew was it ended up looking really cool at the end. So, I divided in, with absolutely no idea what the finished product was going to look like, what information I was going to add, let alone even how to compile the presentation.

Before I dive into an explanation about my Prezi building experience, let me just vent for a second about people finding research and then sending it punctually. This doesn't happen very often, by the way. In fact, during this project, I think one person actually got back to me on time. To be fair, one person sent me an email telling me she had forgotten but, was going to send me her part within an hour; which she followed through on. And her info was actually really useful, which I appreciated. Its definitely more difficult to make a presentation with other people's vague, half completed research than with descriptive, in-depth research. I ended up having to some of it myself, which really made me ten times more stressed.

So here I am, sick, stressed-out about completing this presentation on time, worried and upset about not getting everyone's part on time and trying to figure out Prezi. This presentation program is definitely a keeper but, at the same time, its hard to get started, unless you have practice; which I did not. The best advice I can give is just to play around with it, relentlessly trying images, fonts, frames, order, everything. I must have made at least 10 versions of my presentation before I settled on the one we showed to the agency.

Fast-forward Wednesday night. In front of the agency. Our group was the first to present. To put it bluntly, we rocked it. Turns out, a presentation was not necessary, let alone a well-crafted Prezi. Needless to say, no group could come close to the standard we raised.

I felt so accomplished because my group loved the presentation and the fact that we were the best group. Now, the only problem is going to be coming up with something to top that.

No comments:

Post a Comment